Monday, June 25, 2007

Bardo's Birthday

I just put Bardo to bed. Today he's age one. He's toddling around, trying to communicate, throwing little tantrums when his efforts seem to fail, yet still charming us all.

I gave Bardo three naps today so he wouldn't have a breakdown at his party. He's still a little wiped out from our house-hunting trip. But when Sisyphus came home, Bardo was rearin' to go. Pippi was pleased to light and blow out the candle. Bardo was pleased to grab handfuls of cake and try to shove them into his mouth. He's the first kid I've ever had that dug into his cake right away. When he was through, it looked like a sandbox. Most of it ended up in his lap, but he got plenty in his mouth, too. I took pictures, but unfortunately, the camera's doing weird things.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better clean up the cake crumbs...

1 comment:

MT Missy said...

I've just read all the posts I've missed, and I now I'm REALLY REALLY excited to see you! Bardo sounds like such a character. I can't wait to see him toddling around, and I know that Pippi and I are going to have LOADS of fun riding bikes together, I'm going to bring my bike! This way there'll be one for me you Pippi, and whoever else wants to have fun on two wheels :) See you soon!