Sunday, June 24, 2007

Things I'll Miss about New Jersey--Part I

It's official, we're moving. And whenever you move, you leave things that you love behind. So I thought I would share a few things that I like with y'all, even though I'm screaming, "Texas, here I come. "

I am going to miss the place I grocery shop. I know, that's weird. But really, it's not that weird if you've ever shopped at Wegman's. They have a place to ditch your kid, if she's over age three and under age eight. There, said kid can watch TV, color, play and climb on a small jungle gym,build with blocks, play store, and a number of other things. We've grown to love the people there that supervise the children.

But the play place would be nothing if it wasn't a nice store. Fortunately, Wegman's carries nearly everything I need (breakfast cereal is really cheap there), and they also have a bunch of great eateries within the store. Pippi asks me to pick up some of the Wegman's sushi for her whenever I shop there.

I'll also miss the grocery-unloaders in my neighborhood. They work for free.

5 comments:

tenacious d said...

Wow, that sounds like a pretty spectacular store. From your posts, it appears that you do live in a very pleasant neighborhood. You'll like Texas (owning a home, having a garage, having a yard, etc.), but I'm sure you'll occasionally be wistful about NJ.

Prudence said...

Grocery unloaders who work for free are priceless as everyone who is in the military and shops at the commissary know! They work for tips at the commissary!

Unknown said...

Their is always something wonderful to remember about every place you live, but change is so exciting!!!!!

Jess said...

I'm sad already but excited for you guys. How did the house hunt go?

Erin said...

Wow, I need to go to that grocery store.