Sunday, November 11, 2007

Indulgence

Every week, to get even with the Warlock for bringing "football food" into my kitchen, I make something that I like that no one else does. I might spend 30 minutes chopping vegetables for my overly expensive salad. I still don't make the same salad twice. Because I put whatever I want in the salad, it drives other eaters away. I eat the WHOLE thing all by myself, sometimes in one sitting but usually in the course of a couple of days. Here is this week's salad:

  • 6 lettuce leaves, chopped
  • 3 cabbage leaves, chopped
  • 4 small radishes, minced
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 red bell pepper, minced
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • 1 small onion, sliced thin
  • 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
  • 12 sprigs parsley, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
DIRECTIONS

Toss together the lettuce, cabbage, radish, cucumber, red bell pepper, carrot, corn, tomato, onion, garlic, parsley, mint, olive oil, pomegranate seeds, pomegranate syrup, and lemon juice in a large bowl.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Salads!!

Unknown said...

MMMMMMM! I am going to try this one. I've seen pomegranites at the grocery store and they had directors for getting the seeds out!

Erin said...

ooo...sounds delicious. I love salads, but I'm not good at improvising with them. I'll have to try this one. I even have a pomegranate on hand! How serendipitous.

Anonymous said...

I wish my indulgence was a salad... Thanks for having Kendall over! Love the new color on the site.

Stephanie said...

I love your idea of making something nobody else will eat . . . I am going to do the same thing and salads will be my indulgence choice as well.

Prudence said...

I love pomegranites in our salads. The daddy calls them red candies and gets the kids to eat them that way! It's so yummy!