Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Today I'm grateful for the Warlock. I love the way he calls and texts me throughout the day. It's good to know we're on his mind. I love it when he can come to bed on time with me and we can watch election numbers tumble in. I love the way he wants me to stay near and talk as he gets ready in the morning. I love it when he shares his video game successes; even though I don't care, I like seeing him pleased with himself. I'm grateful I can tell him when I voted opposite him and he'll still love me. I don't love the silent treatment that I'm currently experiencing, but I'm grateful that I know it will end soon because I will make chicken tomorrow, promise. Chicken is good in stir-fry.

I'm grateful for visiting teaching. I don't hang out much with other mothers anymore. We socialize our kids now by dropping them off at one another's homes. Taking care of a home requires so much time, so I'm grateful to have an excuse to invite myself over and chat with good friends.

I'm grateful I can read and learn and grow. Everyday.

I'm grateful I can write and talk and communicate so that I can explain my position. I'm grateful I can hear, so that I can try to understand what others think.

I'm grateful for Elder Uchtdorf's talk in general conference last month. I know my life will be better as I concentrate on essential things.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

your silent treatment comment is hilarious. mr. warlock should be grateful that he got dinner at all and that he didn't have to make it! is dinner the real reason for the silent treatment?!

The Silly Witch said...

I don't know. He's not talking...

Pheidippides said...

I'm talking again, and it had nothing to do with dinner. I am fine cook myself and will (and do) fend for myself when desired. No, this was something different and now resolved.