Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thinking Positive


I think I'm an intelligent person, but when I see disorder, I just want to go on vacation or read a book, or go for a run, or blog...

Nevertheless, this week I've turned our junk drawer into an organized drawer of miscellaneous things.  I now know where to go for the finger-nail clippers, post-it notes, batteries, scissors, tape, etc.  It's a beautiful thing.  So, when I had company over for book club, my floor may not have been vacuumed, but when someone needed I pen, I could get it, and a pad of post-it notes, confidently, without unloading the whole drawer.  This is progress people.  I see order in my future.

Last night I cleaned out and organized our downstairs TV, DVD/video game drawers.  Again, more progress.

Also, since the new year, I have created and maintained a workout schedule.  I feel awesome and really think I'll be looking awesome in the future.

I've also set my life up on Google calendar, which I can access from my phone.  It's convenient, and now I feel like I have a little more control over my life.  I can see how full my days are and just say no sometimes.  I am busy with good things, important things.  I still haven't figured out how to schedule cleaning in, but I'm confident it will come.



Little Boo flirted with potty training this week, but she has a lot of attitude, takes hours to pick out underwear, wants to dress herself, so after four days of steady progress, Boo refused to have any potty time.  And if you you don't sit on the potty, Mama will not allow the panties.  We are taking a break.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Are you sure that isn't a picture of my junk drawer because it looks exactly like the stuff from my drawer. Good job on being organized. When you figure out how to put cleaning into your schedule share the secret with me please :)My problem is lack of desire, I would rather play. Lucky me my daughter is a little bit of a clean freak and so I can pay her to keep the house clean. Win,Win!

Rachael said...

BTW - Boo has the prettiest eyes. She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

disorder seems to be a family thing - I feel the absolute same way.

I've started using flylady.com to try and help me. It seems to be working so far but I am still taking baby steps.

Unknown said...

You already look great but I bet a scheduled workout routine feels fabulous! Go you, tackling one organization project at a time. I love the picture of Boo! Tell her I know she can do it!

The Silly Witch said...

Note to Rachael. I will be organized. I'm not there yet. Just sayin'.

Flora said...

Your order is encouraging ... would you like to come and make some order here?!? Maybe we could flip-flop - you come here for a few days, I'll go there for a few days. I keep hinting to Josh that I need a break ... with him or without him I am determined to get one --- you need me there, right?!? Miss you too!

Unknown said...

Potty training: such a pain to do, but so wonderful when it's done.