Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nothing

That's what we did for spring break.  We didn't go anywhere.  We didn't have any special foods.  I did a lot of cleaning up after my kids who went for the mud pit in the back yard.  I'm not sure how many times I screamed, "Take your shoes off!"  However,  I'm sure it was enough for them to develop a filter to my voice.  The kids all became accustomed to playing together again.  Bardo is the biggest school addict.  School regulates his system, keeps him going, and he felt a little lost and out of sorts without it.  He wasn't really interested in the activities I was offering.  He kept climbing the armoire to get the remote controls to the TV.  I had to severely restrict his time limits on the computer because every time I turned around to do something in the kitchen he'd be logging on to netflix to watch Phineas and Ferb.  I envisioned him playing outside, and with friends, coloring, pretending.  And he did do some of all that, but the siren song of electronics drew him in when he started to tire.

So Friday, Spring Break was drawing to a close, and Bardo looked up at me with those eyes I love so much and requested to run the hose down the slide and make a water slide.  I consented.  And the kids had a blast.  And so did I with my camera...



Not so sure about this





 Pippi used our water slide as an opportunity to beg for a bath in my bath tub.  Of course I couldn't let just one of them in my bath, so we turned it into a "hot tub."  Then Pippi requested massages.  And I obliged; all 3 got a post-bath massage.


And then Pippi wanted cucumbers on her eyes.  She sliced a pair for herself and a pair for Boo, and they lounged quietly on the couch for 2 seconds (Boo)  and 5 min. (Pippi, in her bathrobe).











So when people ask me what we did for spring break, I just tell them that we ran the hose down the slide.  Woohoo!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You did more than just create a water slide you turned your home into a resort!

Prudence said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish it was that warm here! The kids would love that. It was over 50 today and they wanted to break our their swimsuits and said they were sooooo hot. All the while I was sitting outside in a long sleeve shirt and my winter coat still on! I'm going to remember this idea. I think my kids would love to have a resort in their own home!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!!! What a great idea

Unknown said...

Sitting here on the cold Pacific ocean, it's hard to believe that it could be warm enough somewhere to play in water outside.