Monday, January 07, 2013

The Christmas Card FAIL

3 years ago, when I got an SLR camera I thought it would solve all my problems.  I'd be able to take cute pictures of my kids, and save oodle of cash on a professional photographer.  But it's clear I have issues.  It's time to hire a photographer so we can get stunning, wall-worthy photographs in the perfect light in a well-composed shot.

Every time I go to take pictures of the whole fam, the Warlock needs to go on a run, or Boo is determined to give me great shots of nothing but the back of her head.  You would think I had cameras in their faces all the time for the bother that this is.

So here is my attempt at a Christmas card pic.  It's cute.  It is the only one that turned out because Bardo and Boo were sitting on the wall of terror.  It's only about three inches thick.  I don't blame them for fearing for their lives.  The only reason I even went along with that set up was because I thought I would get a crack at composing the shot.  But no. 2 snaps of the camera, and it was too cold and scary.

So here's the blurry mess that I couldn't bring to bear to print.  But please know, we love our friends and really really enjoyed your beautiful cards.  Thanks!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I'm going to post on each of the kids and the Warlock soon to give an update.

3 comments:

tenacious d said...

Merry Christmas, and I hope that 2013 is a banner year for us all. You all look healthy and happy, and that's what's important.

Unknown said...

You look GREAT! I wanna take your pictures! Love you all!

Unknown said...

Well, how could you take fabulous pictures and still be in them?