Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Skiff of Snow

Today, I regret that I didn't take a picture. Everything was so beautiful today. Snow gently fell all day long in giant snowflakes. The ground looked like it was covered in small crystals. The snowflakes were so big you could almost see the unique shape of each one.

I envied Pippi as I sent her out the door to collect icicles with a neighbor boy. I told her to be sure to come in when she got cold. (We've had some traumatic rewarming experiences. One time she put her snow boots on without socks when I wasn't looking.) Charbelle got cold way before she did so he went inside but she entertained herself in the slush, where snow had fallen in a puddle. She came home with her snow pants and gloves and coat soaked. I must say that's not what I would have done out there. I might have rolled in the snow, collected enough to built a snow hill, and probably eaten it if I'd been five years old. As it was I had to be content to march in it for awhile (while Bardo rode in the backpack), and then re-enter my world of work--laundry, diaper changing, cleaning, meal preparation, rocking the baby to sleep.

3 comments:

eryka said...

Hi guys! I just found your blog off of Amberly's site. Here's our blog...
www.europegloverstyle.blogspot.com
I'm so excited you have a blog!! We miss you.

Amberly said...

Hey, good to hear from you! I am currently experiencing about 80 degrees outside, so the peaceful snow sounds like it's a world away- enjoy it! thanks for writing!

Unknown said...

I am glad you got to walk in the snow for awhile! I bet Bardo appreciated it too!