Saturday, May 26, 2007

I Think I Have a Disability

I think I have a disability. I cannot organize and clean my home. For the life of me, I can't get it together. I feel like I just begin to pick up the house, and then somebody has a pressing need. (You know, Pippi needs to have a tea party, or Bardo needs to get his hands out of the toilet, or I need to go outside and get a breath of fresh air, or we need to eat.) I thought it was just because I had too many things to do or maybe that it was because I share a room with the Warlock, but the Warlock managed to find the floor of my bedroom in about 15 minutes. Hooray! My carpet really is still gray. I asked him when he finished where he put all of his stuff. He said most of it was actually mine. So I see that this really is my problem and I'm going to have to figure out a way to fix it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya, the floor of our bedroom is cluttered with 95% my stuff and 5% Adams stuff. argh!

tenacious d said...

Have you ever seen the BBC America show "How Clean is Your House?" It will give you perspective.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I think the problem is that housework is so boring I'm always thinking of something else. While I'm contemplating the origin of the universe my kids were putting shampoo in the spaghetti sauce.

Jess said...

I have the same "disability"! There just always seems to be something better to do...

The Silly Witch said...

For the record: I am NOT as bad as those people on the BBC America How Clean is Your House? The only episode I've ever seen was a lady that let her 20 pet birds fly freely all over her house. She had slugs behind her couch. Gross. No. Clutter is a problem, but NOT general cleanliness.