Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I think we've made excellent progress...

Bardo no longer is obsessed with toilet splashing. Hooray! I now no longer have to sprint to the bathroom when Pippi emerges and forgets to close the door. He has graduated to toilet flushing. And he has graduated from toilet paper roll biting to toilet paper unrolling. Okay, so maybe it isn't time to turn in my track shoes yet.

I left the kids together in the living room while talking to the Warlock (I hadn't seen him in awhile, and was anxious for some adult conversation.) Pippi ran into the room to tell us that she had seen Bardo running. I can't wait to see it for myself. Bardo is definitely heading into toddlerhood at an alarmingly rapid pace. I think he's been a toddler at heart for a long time because he is extremely pleased with his ability to stand up by himself, cruise along furniture or walls, and walk a few steps.

Bardo sat through a whole book last night. He sat on my lap quietly, sucked his fingers, and didn't try to throw the book to the ground or eat the book. He listened and smiled in all the appropriate places.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the toilet paper unrolling. Before you know it, you will be taking him for his driver's license test.