Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Daaaaad-dee"



For the longest time, we, well, actually mostly The Warlock, have been trying to get Bardo to say Daddy. He's been singing dadadadada in the car for several months now, but The Warlock demands proper pronunciation.

Today The Warlock came home from work, tossed Bardo up in the air of few times to get a laugh, and said, "If you say Daddy I'll give you a cookie." Bardo responded by reaching for me, then staring at the Warlock once in my arms. The whole family started chanting, "Daddy daddy daddy." "Come on Bardo, you can have a cookie if you say Daddy." Bardo just smiled. The Warlock gave up and sat up to the computer to do some "work." Once his back was turned, Bardo said, "Da da." I proclaimed, "He said it. He said it."

Once more the family chanted, "Say it again Bardo. Daddy. Daddy Daddy." Again no response until the Warlock's back is turned. "Dee Daa. Dada." said Bardo. "Come on, that was good, wasn't it?" I asked.

"What? I didn't hear it."

Again, the family chanted...

I explained to Bardo that if he wants a cookie he must say Daddy loud enough so Daddy can hear it. He wiggled from my arms, climbed to the couch, ran on the couch to the end, and said very very clearly, "Daaaaaad-dee."

We all shouted with glee. Bardo screamed with delight and ran back and forth on the couch.


Then, we hopped in the car so we could go get cookies.

Here is Bardo with his chocolate cream cookie beard (and a snotty nose).

7 comments:

Dana said...

Those kids are adorable! :)

Hi, I found your blog randomly because we had some similar interests. I think you might be interested in my blog, it's about women's fitness and health! Check it out-

http://asizableapple.blogspot.com

Hope to see you around the site soon!
- Dana

Betsy King said...

Hi! I just answered your question about cloth diapers on your blog. (Not sure how to email you...) Anyway, nice to meet you! How did you find my blog?

: )

Betsy King said...

Sorry, I meant I answered your question on MY blog in the comments section.

Unknown said...

That is the Cutest Story! What a great little boy!

MT Missy said...

SW, Oh my gosh, I was reading your blog at work, and once again I had to flaunt the fact that I am your sister, and aunt to your adorable children. Thanks for sharing that story, it really brightened my day! --Kristy

Jess said...

Hooray for Bardo! I'm glad he finally got the cookie. :)

Jaime said...

I love this story! Yeah for Bardo and the Warlock. Too cute.