Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stacy's Birthday

June 16th was Stacy's birthday. Some may wonder how we spent this day. This year, her birthday was on a Monday, so we honored Stacy for family home evening. We took out the scrapbooks and looked at each picture and talked about Stacy, telling stories that we remembered. Pippi and I made a cake. Pippi stuck a candle in it. She told us to pretend she was Stacy blowing it out.

Tears were shed throughout the day. Pippi even participated in the watering this year.

The past few days, Pippi has been drawing pictures of her and Stacy. She puts wings on Stacy because she thinks Stacy is an angel watching over us. Pippi even made a paper locket that she wore for a minute around her neck with a picture of her on one side and a picture of Stacy on the other. This morning, when I came out of my room, I saw Bardo and Pippi on the floor with Stacy's picture. Pippi was explaining to Bardo how she and Stacy were chinese twins because they were born just a year apart.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Oh, sweet little Stacy. I will always remember her and Pippi together. Two, cute little toe heads dangling from the bars at the park on 110 and Riverside. They always had so much energy and were definitely leaders of the playgroup pack.
I love that Pippi made a locket. What a special way to remember her sister. And how sweet that she is teaching Bardo about his sister. Kids are so precious.

Jess said...

What a lovely way to remember the Stacy babe. I was just thinking of her today but I couldn't remember the exact day of her birthday. Thank you for posting this.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

That is so cute that Pippi tells Bardo about his big sister. I'm so glad we got to know Stacy - June calls her, "my friend that's in Heaven." We really love your kids! I wish we were closer so our kids could have as much fun together as we cousins did growing up! Those trips to Louie's Pizza and the Gold Mine were the best!!!

Unknown said...

I love remembering the summer she was born. It was the first week of summer term at BYU and mom had just dropped me off at school. I remember sitting through freshman orientation and knowing that you were in the hospital and I was going to be an aunt. I love being an aunt!

Prudence said...

I always think of Stacy and remember her birthday. It is one day before mine. I remember being in France about to fly home when you had her and coming to the hospital three days after you had her as you were about to bring her home. That was a great summer. I love and miss her too and can't think much about her without becoming the biggest cry baby!

Unknown said...

I have so many memories of Stacy. She had no concept of being mean. I remember her eating pancakes with maple syrup and saying, "Do you know what my Dad calls syrup? Tree Blood!" I remember how she loved to be carried up the stairs upside-down before she was even two. I really remember how she HATED to go to sleep when she was two. I am glad it is O.K. to talk about her and remember her.

Amberly said...

I absolutely believe that Stacy is an angel watching over all of you, thanks for posting about her- I was glad to learn about her birthday, for some reason the date that sticks with me is sept. 30 and this one is much happier.