1. Two year olds need about 6 or 7 different things to do. And they need to change activities every ten minutes.
2. If the two-year old starts crying and doesn't want any of his toys, pull over, change his diaper, and then turn on your favorite music when you get back in the car. He'll fall asleep, just like magic.
3. Six-year olds can watch the DVD player for a LONG time. But they get cranky. Very very cranky.
4. Six-year olds actually like looking out the window, but the DVD player must be put away.
5. Baby carrots are the best travelling snack for everyone. We went through several bags of those things. Bardo especially like the small individual sized packages.
6. Grandma's are better than six-year olds for entertaining two-year olds, but six-year olds will do in a pinch.
7. My mother in-law is the best travelling companion in the world. Really. She's awesome.
8. If the hotel doesn't have a swimming pool it should not even be considered.
9. Driving is easier than taking care of the kids. In the past, I've allowed the Warlock to do the lion's share of the driving. This will happen no longer. Equal portions of driving and child care providing make for a much more pleasant journey.
10. Meal times do not need to be regular if you bring plenty of snacks.