Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Getaway

There is a time (really, several times) in every mother's life when she must escape and remember what it is like to be alone with her husband, for days, not just a date night but at least a night and a day.   I've been needing such a break for quite sometime;  I just didn't know it.






If you ever want to attract attention to yourself, just wear these out in public they are great conversation starters.
The marathon medal also proved to be a fabulous conversation starter.
Hanging out with The Warlock is wonderful.  Sometimes we talk to each other, sometimes I would just sit an listen while the Warlock converse with random strangers about training programs and running gear and experiences; sometimes we'd sit, silent, cuddled next to each other in bed, the Warlock watching a football game, me totally engrossed in a book.  (I finished The Good Earth, Far from the Maddening Crowd, and started Thrive this weekend.)  He is my best friend!  I love him mucho.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed your get away.

MT Missy said...

It sounds like a nice trip. You deserve it!

Alicia said...

I think everyone deserves some alone time with their husband! Glad you got some. :)

How was the marathon?

Amberly said...

perhaps much needed, most definitely much deserved. glad you had a chance to fly the coop for a few days!

Unknown said...

The warlock got vibrams!? I am glad you like him and that you had a fun get-away!

Sheralie said...

So sweet. It is sometimes nice to remember what marriage is like without the little darlings. And reading so many books too. Sounds wonderful.