Saturday, September 24, 2011

The activities have begun:  dance for Pippi (and homework...), soccer for Bardo, laundry for me, and football season (spectating) for the Warlock.
Church callings, school activities, time with friends, carpooling, etc fill our days.
I started training for a half-marathon a couple of weeks ago.  I ran the ugliest five miles of my life today, pushing a Maclaren, stopping at intervals to allow Boo to run her wiggles out.  And yes, the dog was with me, too.  When will I ever learn that I don't always have to be multitasking?  

Here are some pictures of Bardo at soccer.  As I watched him, I noticed how he puts his whole body into his movements.



Boo hates getting her picture taken.  But I sneak a few photographs anyway.  She swore off underwear yesterday after 2 weeks of steady progress with the potty training.  She can even sing a stirring rendition of the "I'm Proud to Wear My Underwear..." from the the Potty Power video we're borrowing from Netflix.  I think her sudden step back may have to do with her recent refusal to nap.

Boo talks about Rapunzel often.  She doesn't like the wig aspect of her costume, and I personally cannot coax her to wear it.  However, Bardo talked her into one day.


5 comments:

Theodore Scott said...

Which half marathon are you training for?

MT Missy said...

Wow, Bardo has good form. And Boo hiding from a camera....gee.. which sister does that remind me of....hmmmm...oh yeah: YOU! :)

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I'm impressed that you are running 5 miles at all. I've been taking a crack at running lately and 2 miles is my max so far. I so get the multi-tasking dilemma. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Rapunzel, Rapunzel.....
Bardo's soccer look reminds me of you playing B-ball.

Unknown said...

Totally agree... I looked at those pics of bardo and it looked like you too. I should know; I bet I've watched you play more sports than most sisters! Attack Boo with the camera, she'll probably get used to it again! :)