Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Power

I've been in a blogging lull.  I still have lots to say and have been recording my unedited thoughts in a handwritten journal.  My edited thoughts are better, but I'm trying to get to bed on time.  I could spend hours writing.  Oh the things that come to my head as I write.  My ideas morph into new, better ideas when I write.  When I write, I figure out what I believe.  Talking does this, too.  And so does reading.  Oh the power of good words...

I was listening to NPR, today.  It's my station of choice when I wish to assert my adulthood on the children.  The author of Ten Letters was on the air, describing the kinds of things people write and send to the President.  It inspired me to write a little more, to put my voice out there.  Each of us has a unique perspective on life and we should share it.  I learned and still learn a lot from my mom as she voiced/voices her opinions to me.  I feel close to people who share their thoughts with me.  So tonight, when a concern popped into my head about a personal progress experience I was working on, I wrote about it...to the Stake President.  Hopefully it will turn out better and create less emotional trauma then the letter I wrote to the principal and had multiple people sign Pippi's kindergarten year.

My day started at 12:01 am this morning.  I was awake with dear Bardo who was in severe pain with an earache (Amberly, I'm now kicking myself for not taking you up on your essential oils class...)  He would only be consoled by Phineas and Ferb.  Unfortunately Phineas and Ferb even at volume 5 is an exciting sound to even a sleeping Boo.  She was quickly put back to bed with 2 extra fuzzy pillows. I woke up on time to get Pippi on the piano and out the door.  While driving her to school I discovered that the clocks in our home were somehow ten minutes fast, meaning she would be extra early to school.

This picture, that has nothing to do whatsoever with this post, is here in recognition of the fact that most of my readers do not come interested in my ideas, but want to see my beautiful children.
We went to the doctor where Dr. Gilley found a rip-roaring ear infection in Bardo's right ear.  She prescribed $70 of medications to take care of this ear infection.  It must have been nuclear, or, she has a contract with the drug companies.

Boo was very clingy all day.  She was very jealous of the medicine that Bardo got that she couldn't have.  She was jealous of the extra hugs and cuddles Bardo got today, and she was tired because she woke up in the middle of the night.

Pippi made out her own invitations for her birthday party this year.  She also filled goodie bags and made up some activities to do at her party tonight.  I LOVE her ideas.  I'll let you know how everything goes.

7 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm sorry for the ear infection and hope it passes quickly. I come here for your darling children, but in all honesty, I love you more. I love your insight, your honesty and your refreshing view of issues I am interested in. So please, write away.

MT Missy said...

I agree with Amberly, while I positively ADORE my neices and nephews (and I wouldn't give up the pictures on your blog for anything), I love hearing your ideas. It was hard to hang up the phone last week as we talked, because I just enjoyed discussing ideas with you so much. You are sincere and fun and inspire me in so many ways to be a better person.

Erin said...

Timely post. I've been thinking a lot about writing, its process, and whether I have anything worthwhile to say (I do) recently. I find the whole process a bit cathartic, and have also realized that words are the root of our ideas and opinions. So, keep writing! I too, love seeing your kiddos, but love hearing your voice through your words most of all!

Stephanie said...

I love your thoughts/views/opinions! And you have cute kids too. :-)

Good luck with your letter. I'm sure it will turn out well.

Tiffany W. said...

Shoot! I wish I would have known... did the prescribe Ciprodex? (Drops for the ear). They certainly are spendy and I think we have a couple extra bottles in the cupboard from Eli's 8,000 ear infections... that will probably go unused before they expire. He will be getting his second set of tubes next week! :) Hope Bardo feels better and I love the pic with the dolls!! too cute... but i noticed it didn't fit in with the topic. :)

Prudence said...

I love your kids, but I really enjoy your thoughts. I'm try to write more too. My friend uses essential oils and I believe in them. I helped my oldest heal with garlic and onion when she had double ear infections! I'm so sorry about the ears. They hurt so badly!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about her birthday party. I wish you lived in my town so I could invite to Kael's family party. Poor boy Bardo atleast phineas and ferb is pretty healing.:) Thanks for adding the picture it is adorable! but I am still interested in your thoughts!