Monday, September 21, 2015

I love this blog...

I love this blog. It makes me so happy.  I started it about a year after Stacy died, and it really helped me cope. Some of the pictures are so beautiful they make me cry. I have such a sweet life. Lately, I feel like I'm not treasuring my life nearly enough.

Tonight I discovered that Boo really hates wearing her Daisy vest. I also discovered that she is pretty good at math facts. We are reading On the Banks of Plum Creek together right now, and she is delighted by it.

Bardo is hilarious. He sat and giggled as he read out-loud a health quiz that I got from the gym over dinner. Maybe a medical career is in his future if he can get that laughter under control. He's quite the book worm lately. I thought Pippi loved to read. Well Bardo never wants to stop reading. He walks home from school with a nose in a book. He probably reads at least one book every day. Granted, that the majority of the books he read are from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series or somehow related to Captain Underpants, but today he was pretty stoked about the biography of Milton Hershey and requested that we go to the Hershey factory this summer for our family vacation. Bardo's got it all planned out. He says we can even stop by the Liberty Bell.

Pippi is a busy, delightful, busy, crazy, busy and did I mention busy teenager. I didn't anticipate how her high school career with it's early mornings and late night would affect my sleep schedule. She made drum line, as a Freshman, and we are oh so proud of her. She's also on a competetive soccer team that plays out of Rush soccer program in the Woodlands.

And guess who started school?! MEMEMEMEME! I love it. I feel like my brain has been shaken awake. I really love study and getting good grades. I'm attending University of Houston's post-baccalaureate teacher certification program. I'm excited and scared to be a teacher. But, so far, everything is going quite well.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hello! You're back! And it's lovely to read your thoughts again. Perhaps I should dust off my old blog...

I love the pictures on the side of your blog. I know they're old and outdated, but I remember those little kids and I love them.