Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Home Stretch

Well I've reached the final trimester of my...turmoil? Actually though, pregnancy is not hard for me. I can stay pretty active until the end. I never get unbearably uncomfortable. My body doesn't get swollen (except for my belly, of course). I don't really even get heart burn as long as I stay away from chocolate and other sweets. And I really have a great energy level for someone packing a basketball around the middle. But every pregnancy, I fail my one hour glucose load test. And then I have to take the three hour test. I've been following my special pregnancy diet that the dieticians gave me when I was pregnant with Bardo. I went to the doctor today and I passed that three hour test, but to nobody's surprise--barely. And this baby is growing just the same way all my babies grow--BIG. So the doctor ordered a "rescreen" in 2 weeks. I negotiated out of it with the promise of some on my honor self-monitoring. Will all the monitoring in the world give me an average-sized baby?

3 comments:

MT Missy said...

Yea! I can't wait for the new little girl Bigney to arrive in the world! :)

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

I can't remember, is the glucose test to test for gestational diabetes? How big have your babies been? Winnie was a nine-pounder and that's the biggest I have had. It's nice that your pregnancies are relatively comfortable. By the last month, I try every trick in the book to bring on early labor! This next time, I will be having another c-section so I get to pick the date. Hopefully my doctor won't have a problem with a month-early delivery! Have a great third trimester! Sounds like something you write in a yearbook, so I will add "Stay cool this trimester!"

Unknown said...

It is so interesting how every body reacts differently to pregnancy. Bardo was a pretty regular size wasn't he? Even though you still have enough energy and you feel pretty okay, I bet you can't wait to see what she'll look like. I bet she'll be Beautiful like all your children, but it seems that each of your kids look like themselves and not anyone else.