Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am Grateful for Bardo

I haven't been blogging lately, but I'm still grateful.

I'm grateful for my little boy, Bardo. I'm grateful he can talk and cry and even use his face to express himself. I'm grateful for the time I have now to help train and channel that inquisitive and busy mind of his. I pray that I'm up for the task. Yesterday I caught him crushing Christmas lights with a pair of needle nose pliers, any excuse to use a tool, I guess. I'm grateful he didn't electrocute himself. I'm grateful when he hugs me and says he's glad I'm home and says that I'm the exception to his policy of not liking girls. I'm grateful he ate something healthy today, because that sure doesn't happen every day. I'm grateful that his nursery teacher said with confidence today that he's going to do great in primary. I'm grateful that I can calm him when he's sad, that he feels safe crawling into bed with me when he wakes in the night. I'm grateful I'm a deep sleeper and don't notice he's there right away because it's a sweet, though uncomfortable, surprise to have him next to me in the wee hours of the morning.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is growing up beautifully!

Christine said...

The spaghetti sauce picture is a classic! I am thankful for Bardo too. He is such a happy, adventurous boy.

Sheralie said...

Well it is a busy time of year! Goodness he sure would make a great playmate for Laird still :( Sorry we are so far away.